Author Topic: Probably the Best Hunter Mod  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Venura

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
Probably the Best Hunter Mod
« on: July 14, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »
http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2208

Best features is that it puts all aspects, traps, and tracking in one button.  There's one for each thing, right-click to get a drop down menu if the aspect/trap/tracking isn't on top.  If you're in combat, the trap button will FD for you when you click it.

Offline Alystin

• This space for rent
  • Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
Re: Probably the Best Hunter Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 09:36:25 PM »
Interesting.  I wonder how far removed from having another hunter do your quests for you stuff like this is tho.
I dont play WoW, I play Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

Offline Venura

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:54:59 PM »
I wouldn't think it'd be anything like that.  For the most part, it's a space-saver. Most exploit-ish thing, I guess, would be the tranq window. /shrug

Here's a couple of screenies.  The first has the tranq window in it, what it looks like when no one has Tranq on cooldown.  The second has the casting bar.  The aspect, trap, and tracking buttons are the little buttons above the long macro bar.  I didn't have time to cut the images down to just those things. >.<

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/revaltion131/ZhunterFrenzyWindow.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/revaltion131/WoWScrnShot_071406_224153.jpg
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:08:28 PM by Venura »

Offline Alystin

• This space for rent
  • Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 11:22:07 PM »
Im curious though, at what point does something stop being say a helpful macro or addon (ie: ctras mana conserve) and become an exploit/cheat or unexpected exploit of the ui/scripting system?
I dont play WoW, I play Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

Offline Venura

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 08:00:59 PM »
I don't know, it doesn't actually do anything for you.  It just catergorizes a few things, organizes them into smaller option sets instead of having to have every stupid aspect, tracking, and trap on your action bars.  I don't know how the tranq option might fit into an exploit, that's the only one I can see being an exploit, but then the newer versions of Stranq would be getting close too.  YOu still have to click everything yourself and there's no macros that come with it.

Offline quintony

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »
I don't know, it doesn't actually do anything for you.  It just catergorizes a few things, organizes them into smaller option sets instead of having to have every stupid aspect, tracking, and trap on your action bars.  I don't know how the tranq option might fit into an exploit, that's the only one I can see being an exploit, but then the newer versions of Stranq would be getting close too.  YOu still have to click everything yourself and there's no macros that come with it.
If you have the time for it take a look at a mod called FlexBar. it allows you to create a single button that when you mouse over it shows buttons around it with other aspects/trackers/etc. It also allows you to make seperate bars for when you are in combat and when you are out of combat. And last but not least it allows you to create conditional buttons; my mongoose thingy only shows up during the 4 seconds I can use it.

The optiosn are pretty much endless with that mod :D
I'll make some screenies on my hunter tonight :)

Offline Venura

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:30:43 PM »
If you have the time for it take a look at a mod called FlexBar. it allows you to create a single button that when you mouse over it shows buttons around it with other aspects/trackers/etc. It also allows you to make seperate bars for when you are in combat and when you are out of combat. And last but not least it allows you to create conditional buttons; my mongoose thingy only shows up during the 4 seconds I can use it.

The optiosn are pretty much endless with that mod :D
I'll make some screenies on my hunter tonight :)

Hm...I've got Discord set up right now, and it is pretty much limitless, but it gets into some ugly stuff, I still don't know much about how to work the bars, so we'll see.