Author Topic: WoW Short stories  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Evarie

• Guild Member
  • noob
WoW Short stories
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:54:02 AM »
The Murloc Forlorn

I slid softly off my gryphon onto the balls of my feet, half crouched, ready for anything. The shorline of Southshore beckoned me as I sought out the inn, but then I heard the telltale gurgle of a murloc and decided to investigate. Rounding the corner of the dock I saw a pair of the fishy menaces. The closest to me had pale blue scales that glistened in the afternoon sun, but it was the glint of evil intent in his eyes that warned me to be on my guard. He turned to me and in garbled, hissing tones said, "You lookssss lossst, Little One. Besssst you flee from our landsss before we decide to keep you asss our plaything. We lackss in entertainment today, sssscaless one."

-"And YOU would do well to hold your tongue, lest I remove it." I said coldly, my fingers seeking the hilt of my dagger.

His laughter grated on my ears. He nodded his head at his pink-scaled companion who joined him and they began to advance in my direction with weapons drawn. A spear grazed my shoulder, tearing the faintly glowing mageweave of my robe. At the sight of the scarlet blood beginning to trail down my arm, they screeched in triumph. As my rage began to coalesce, I reached deep inside my dark-fringed core and called forth my demon minion. As he rose at my side, we stalked closer to the murlocs who chuckled and danced from foot to foot, ready to strike again. I felt the energy surging to my fingertips. Yearning for release, I held back, letting it build up with all the emotion in my tormented soul. With my body infused with the full strength of my tainted power, the shadow of a skull crackling and sparking with dark malice left my hand and reached with its dark fate to claim the cackling fiend before me. His face registered a moment of shock before his eyes rolled back and he crumpled to the ground. Throwing back my head I laughed and turned my gaze to his pink friend, who retreated to the safety of the water with my icy gaze piercing him and the shadows slowly dissipating from my hands.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:54:57 AM by ohyeahsure »

Offline vixx

• Leader
  • Spammer
Re: WoW Short stories
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »
Love it!
Keep em coming!
Why can't winter be warm like summer?

Offline Evarie

• Guild Member
  • noob
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:56:59 AM »
Nimbly, Vixxette clambered over the ogre's body, her pink cotton-candy ponytails bouncing with every step. "I'm 40! 40, 40, 40!!!, " she sang out as she danced in a tiny whirling circle around Glorif. "Calm down, little one," Glorif said, rolling her eyes. Vixx poked one of her three fingers firmly towards Glorif and said, "But I can go buy my Mechano-Strider! Now I can catch up to those Tauren!" Glorif looked down at her with a sigh that ended in a mellow chuckle and said, "Well then, you'd better be off before they run out." Vixxette's face fell as she looked up at Glorif with wide crestfallen eyes. "Oh I'm only joking, my gnomish friend," smiled Glorif. "Go get your strider." Vixxette's face lit up again and she tossed her shield onto her back, holstered her sword firmly and sped off to Steelgrills Depot, her little legs a blur of motion.

She careened around the corner of the snowbank and crashed headlong into a pair of kneecaps. Her startled gaze traveled up the oaken legs in front of her and she saw the tanned leather face of the rider trainer. Peering up at him, she squeaked, "MY- you're a tall one!" As if he wasn't aware of the fact, she told him firmly, "But you're not Milli Featherwhistle." His face grew serious as he said, "I'm Darrin Mulvew from Southshore; I'm filling in for Milli. She was experimenting with pairing riding reins with the latest in gnomish shrink-ray technology to revolutionize Mechanostrider storage." Ever a fan of gnomish engineering, Vixx said, "What a great idea! When can I get one of those?" She proudly held out the hula girl doll she had fished out of her bag, "I'm already putting together the mats for my flyer." Darrin gently poked the hula girl to make her bobble. Solemly gazing at her, he told Vixx, "The experiment did not go well. Apparently, Milli forgot to ground herself before activating the reins. There was a malfunction and she was miniaturized instead. She's stuck inside the green mech so you'll have to choose another color." He gestured over his shoulder at a green mechanostrider surrounded by gnomes in overalls, armed with sprecklesprockets and wrenches. Vixx heard a small tapping noise and as she looked over, she could see Milli inside the glass eye of the strider. She was tapping impatiently on the glass and glaring at the engineers, who looked a bit chagrined as they pondered a solution. Stepping back in front of Vixx, Darrin waved his arm towards the remaining striders and asked, "So, on this proud day for the Gnomeregon Exiles, which one did you have your eye on, eh?" Vixx jogged to the red one and flung herself up onto its back. "This one," she nodded and counted out her carefully saved gold into his roughened palm. "Thank you, Miss," he said cheerfully as she goosed the throttle and the exhaust sputtered into life.

She swung the strider onto the road that would eventually lead her to her objective, Mulgore. After a string of endless roads and a ferry ride, her excitement grew as she crossed into enemy territory. She slowed her strider, still enthralled by its shiny newness and scanned the area. Across the road, loping along the ridgeline was a male Tauren. Gleaming black coat and one lopsided horn, he was tall and strong, she could tell. She turned her strider to intersect his path. He caught sight of her and tensed, unsure of her intent. She sped up alongside him and with a cry, she hurtled off her mount and ran at him full speed. He reached for his mace, but she was too nimble for him. With an energetic leap, she landed behind him, grasped his tail with both hands, and yanked with a swift gleeful tug. His eyes widened in shock and she flung herself back onto her strider. Throwing her fists up in the air in triumph, she cried, "Hooray!" and she rode off in a cloud of smoke and dust. The Tauren rubbed his tail softly and with a bemused expression, watched her ride away, her gnomish giggle echoing across the hillside.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:02:21 PM by Evarie »

Offline Kalinda

• noob
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »
ROFL!!
They are GREAT!!
 ;D ;D ;D
Write more, write quicker! We want more!!
Hugs
Be good be careful

Offline vixx

• Leader
  • Spammer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »
That is so what I want to do!! :D

Love it!

Offline Evarie

• Guild Member
  • noob
It's Not the Mind Control That Kills You
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »
At the World's End Tavern, a group of friends gathered to celebrate a good week. A stout dwarf paladin named Vonotto, renowned for his lustrous beard and capacity for liquor shouted the first round. He had made a name for himself deep within Blackrock Depths executing the foul Emperor Thaurissian. Rising quickly through the ranks of Ironforge's Battleguard, an elite force hand picked by King Magni Bronzebeard himself, Vonotto quickly earned the King's trust. He was thereafter given the King's most important missions. Rumors abounded that the scar across his cheek that had earned him his first Badge of Honor came from rescuing King Bronzebeard's cat, Pudding, from the pool of mysteries, but Vonotto hotly denied it. He was keen to point out that the scar made him look more distinguished and his success with the ladies seemed to support his claim.

Seated next to him was the mysterious and exotic Lady Necrominee. She was a rogue with a haunting laugh and long blue hair that flung out in wild strands around her, flashing like her deadly blades when she fought. To most people, she was known as the Darnassian Liason to Commander Marcus Johnathan in Stormwind City, but her connections ran far deeper than that. Ravenholdt himself had sent her to observe SI:7, concerned that Mathias Shaw had more sympathy for the Defias than it appeared. After all, Defias prisoners were continually being brought to the Stockade prison by the Stormwind guard. Clearly Gryan Stoutmantle's cleverly orchestrated assassination of Edwin VanCleef had done little to quell the growing rebellion, no matter what Shaw insisted.

The last one at the table was Evarie. Even relaxed and seated in the smoky dark of the bar, she was suffused with a faint glow from the harnessed power of the light. Her story was less glorious than Vonotto's and less mysterious than Necrominee's. Shortly after her initial training at Northshire Abbey, she was sent on a mission from Westbrook Garrison into gnoll territory. Struggling to kill the seemingly endless gnolls, she saw nearby a large camp of the creatures screeching and fiercely attacking a man. He was a warrior and though still fighting bravely, his wounds were grave. She too, was battered and bleeding, but she drew on her last reserves of mana to cast a massive heal on the valiant warrior. He straightened up as the healing light renewed him and swung his sword in wide circles, laying waste to the remaining gnolls. He drew the ones attacking her to him and finished them as well. As she sat down, recovering, he came to kneel before her. They exchanged a mutual nod of gratitude before he saluted her and strode away. She knew then, that she had a destiny for salvation. Her tank was her lifeblood and she chose them carefully.

Striding up to the trio's table came the barmaid; a fair skinned dranei and Vonotto looked her up and down. As she landed their mugs deftly on the table, Vonotto grinned up at her and drawled, "I like my women like I like my beer; stout and bitter." Her face warmed up as his thick brogue washed over her and she gave a shy little giggle; "Well, bitter I can't help you with, but I'll keep the stout coming all night long, handsome." Evarie rolled her eyes and Necro gave a soft laugh and said, "he's fearless on any front." "Of course I'm fearless," Von insisted, "I'm a bloody paladin! Do ye remember the time we had ta clear the rabble from the Crypts in Auchindon? THAT was a day, eh?" As he spoke, he jabbed his elbow into Necro's ribs for emphasis and she calmly and quite firmly placed her mug down on the back of his hand. "Yeouch! Hussy!" He grumbled. The soft glow of Necro's eyes turned to Von as she said, "It's not half enough payback for that night." As she said it, the barmaid was returning with another round and she asked with a grin, "What adventures did you get up to, good sir knight?" "You just perch here on my knee and I'll tell you," encouraged Vonotto. She gazed down at him for a moment in indecision. Looking back over her shoulder at her boss behind the counter, she noticed he was deep in conversation with Harris Pilton, and she decided she was safe for a time to listen. She lightly settled on Von's lap and he started his tale.

"Well, the three of us had been sent to clear the Auchenai Crypts one night and our instructions from our guide were brief. We were flyin blind as a gryphon with both eyes poked out! I cleared mob after mob with my mighty weapon." Evarie was quick to point out, "If not for Necro's fierce blades, it would've taken you half the day to kill anything." Von cleverly pretended he didn't hear her and carried on, "So there we were, at the bottom of a staircase lookin up atta monster crazier than a pink ram that doesn't like stout with his oats!" The barmaid smothered a giggle behind her hand and he gave her waist a playful squeeze. "Floating above the stairs was this great grey eye with tentacles...it was bloody HUUUUGE!" The barmaid gasped and looked at the others for confirmation. Necro lowered her eyes in a slight elegant nod, and Evarie grinned and wobbled her head. Von continued, "Necro stealthed on the stairs behind me as I advanced, weapons out, ready for anything." "Anything, my arse," murmured Necro and Evarie's sweet laughter rang out. "Almost anything," corrected Von. "Eva, there, she hung back like she always does, watchin our backs. I looked that overgrown eye right in the... well, the eye. I took a swing and Necro popped out swingin them blades like the fury she is. That eye started sucking the life out of us, but Eva just healed through it and we kept at it. Chunks of goo were flyin and we were dropping him fast. Until-" He paused and the barmaid shifted on his lap to look at him expectantly. "Until," Necro's smooth voice picked up the story, "Von got locked in mind control and started hacking away at me." Von burst in with a deep rumbling laugh, "Cut through her leather armor like my cousin Argus cuts the cheese! Dropped her to the floor before she could decide to hit me back. Then it was Eva's turn, haha! I ate her bubble and half her health in one hit and she started running, me and that eyeball chasing after her." "And that, my dear friend, is why priests need plate mail," said Eva dryly. Von picked up the story again, "The two of em layin on the floor and now I'm not that overstuffed pin-cushion's friend anymore. Took him longer ta drop me than the other two, but down I went. I never laughed so hard! Luckily for us, Eva called in a favor and got us up and kicking again. We went back alright and I'll be damned if he didn't do it again! Only this time, Eva was running in circles trying to get away and I'm laughing so hard I can barely swing my axe. Boom! And down she goes and then ole Necro again. Wasn't until the third try we got our revenge and polished him off. Eva spit on him; Necro, here, well she spit on ME."

Vonotto's eyes still sparkled with laughter as he gave a final sigh and said, "Wooooosaaa, Good times!" Everyone at the table gave a chuckle and the barmaid reluctantly stood up and smoothed her skirt. "Ah now darlin, don't you fret. The night's still young if you're in need of a hero." Necro and Eva exchanged a look and each of them linked an arm through Von's and they pulled him to his feet. "Gryphon. Now," commanded Eva sternly, "We've got a date with an overly large crocolisk in Maraudon," and the two of them hauled Vonotto out the door. The barmaid gave a last warm smile and reluctantly turned back to her work.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:31:05 PM by Evarie »

Offline vixx

• Leader
  • Spammer
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 01:09:18 AM »
You are BRILLIANT!!!
Awsome story, gave me chills!!
Keep em coming!

Offline Glorif

• Guild Member
  • noob
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »
I am loving these!! :)

Grats Evarie, these are fantastic stories :)