Author Topic: It's the end of the World... of Warcraft.  (Read 10106 times)

Offline Cedric

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
Re: It's the end of the World... of Warcraft.
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 06:32:17 AM »
Seriously, I feel like I'm getting the short end of the deal here when people who just stumble through this game get the same rewards as I do.

Well, maybe the latest news from the PTR will cause you at least a small amount of joy, Manyana. To quote a section from a recent news post found elsewhere:

"There will be no new items added to the Emblem of Heroism quartermaster, ilevel 213 Naxx Sigils will be added to the Emblem of Valor quartermaster, and a new Emblem of Conquest quartermaster, which will have ilevel 226 gear as well as 2 pieces of T8.5! A lot of people are saving up badges in hopes of Ulduar level gear showing up on the old vendors. This will not happen. You will only get new Ulduar25 level gear in either Ulduar25 itself, or use Emblem of Conquest, which drops only in Ulduar25, to buy badge gear. The only other way around this is get hold of the crafted ilevel 226 BOE epics, which come from Ulduar BOE recipes."

"We have also heard rumors about trading up to Emblem of Conquest with previous badges, this is not true. The only option is to trade down in badge quality with a 1 to 1 ratio, like it is on live. Remember you may consider trading down, because Frozen Orb, Heirloom items and rare/blue quality gems are located on the Emblem of Heroism vendors. However, the new crafting reagent, Runed Orb, is located on the Emblem of Conquest vendor."

It seems Blizzard is going back to their practice of letting the hardcore have the truly best of gear, which, in my opinion, is the way it should be. I think that those who run the 25-mans and the hard modes -should- be getting the best gear, or the better rewards for completing the content.

I am dissapointed though, in that they will be effectively locking me out of crafting such gear(Runed Orb gear) due to our guilds lack of involvement in 25-man content. Maybe the SRA will see a full scale re-emergence, or some other server raid alliance will be formed which will allow smaller guilds the ability to participate in the 25-man content. Maybe some of our Excal Alumni will even see fit to allow current Excal members spots in their Ulduar 25 -man runs..../shrug

This might actually be a boon to raiding....who knows how it will be received.  ???
Taking it easy in my old age :)

Offline Manyana

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
^
That does seem quite hopeful. However, it'll only work Uludar is sufficiently difficult - and I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be -_-

Offline Starfire

• Spammer Extraordinaire
  • Friend of Excalibur
  • Spammer
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~etai
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »
The Legendary is sufficiently difficult. The shards only drop from the hard-mode bosses (there are 10 total). So that's the first good sign, besides that it is known you have to kill Yogg-Saron after acquiring the 30 shards. But little else is known.

On the other hand, I am glad Naxxramas was so easy. Think of it this way. Most of the current guild ranks were determined based purely on who got the group to level to 80 the fastest. I mean hell, on my server Naxxramas-25 was cleared with about 17 people within the first week of release. The only thing that lasted somewhat longer was Malygos-25 and of course Sartharion-3D.

But that's okay. Now the grounds are even. The playing field is even. And now Ulduar is where the real race will begin. It is impossible to even face Alagorn without raiding Ulduar for months, that alone speaks of his difficulty. But now progression and ranking and what not will be more meaningful, because the element of "who got to 80" first is gone.

That said though, it's kinda disappointing "not being special". Even in my days on Silvermoon, I always took pride in having unique gear. I took pride in being the second priest to wear the Field Marshal armor, or to have Transcendence, etc. From wearing full Sunwell armada with Kil'Jaeden loot to now looking like everyone else in Dalaran. It's not very special. BUT I think it is for the best of the game to open up everything. It's good for the first 25 man to be easy. For casuals to play. I also think from a designer perspective, it was heart-breaking to see only ~100-200 or so guilds kill pre-nerf Muru.  How heartbreaking is that to have content in which only 1-2% of your total playerbase can see?

When I design something, I usually want people to see it, to beat it, to do it, to enjoy it. It would be like an author writing a book meant to be a masterpiece, but then only releasing limited copies.

And to that end, the new achievements, legendary and Alagorn system is good.

The one thing I sincerely hope for though, I sincerely hope the hard-mode gear uses unique models and  preferibly more glow effects and particles, etc.

It REALLY sucks that Sartharion-25-3D loot has the same graphic as 10 man loot easily puggable.
Starfire - 60 Priest

Offline Erylith

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:39 AM »
It always seems funny to me that people bitch about how easy WoW content is but have to read strategies before they do it.

Seems like reading the hint books before loading up and already knowing your princess is in another castle.
85% voted me easiest to beat in duels

Offline Manyana

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
^
Yeah, that's one of my main complaints about raiding these days (read the strat, read the strat... STFU), which is why I don't read the strats, no matter how often I'm told to. It would effectively take what little enjoyment I do get out of raiding, and what's the point of that? That's right, there is none.

Offline Arkanos

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 12:16:15 AM »
It's still crap when they put your class in a constant state of flux and refuse to put in the correct weapons after all of that testing  >:(
Theres no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Offline Thingol

• Administrator
  • Guild Member
  • Spammer
  • Shin-Ra Electric Co.
    • Who, me?
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »
It's still crap when they put your class in a constant state of flux and refuse to put in the correct weapons after all of that testing  >:(

Amen.
Little Angel in red.

Size for everyone.

Offline Manyana

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 05:46:58 PM »

QFT

Offline Starfire

• Spammer Extraordinaire
  • Friend of Excalibur
  • Spammer
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 05:38:40 AM »
Hey man! Priest is the best class ever xd. In a short period of time I've had to gear 4 different ways and learn 4 different playstyles!

Thank you 2.4; 3.0, 3.0.8, 3.1!

^^
Starfire - 60 Priest

Offline Arkanos

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 10:57:26 AM »
Got you beat, I've been moving from entire gearing and playstyle since original wow.  2hers... Dw, dw with casting, dw lightning knives, dw slow/slow dw slow/fast dw slow/slow... make up your damned mind already.

Offline Pudie

• Guild Member
  • noob
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 03:24:00 AM »
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/16473611256-algalon-only-allows-1-hour-of-attempts.html

Hows that for hardcore?  1 hour per week to try and kill the guy.  And you can only fight him on hard mode.

Offline Starfire

• Spammer Extraordinaire
  • Friend of Excalibur
  • Spammer
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »
I am most impressed with Irae AOD's 1 Watcher-up Yogg-Saron kill. I can't even fathom killing Yogg-Saron with 3 Watchers-up at the moment...
Starfire - 60 Priest

Offline Manyana

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
Well, it's been 2 weeks since the release of 3.1, and... well, they already implemented nerfs. Mimic is two bosses away from clearing Ulduar (we only raid 3 nights a week)... yeah, this is about what I expected. Though Ulduar is a cool instance with interesting enough encounters the difficulty is simply too low - bye bye Jesters, they obviously had enough of the Blizz nerf bat and you can't really blame them. Heroic mode is a good idea and all, but even heroic mode doesn't seem to be so heroic when the instance itself is lacking. "We killed (insert boss) on heroic mode!" doesn't have that '(tri)umph' to it like previous dungeon clears in BC and vanilla did (being part of Tiras for one of the first C'thun kills was damned epic). The only exception I really see is heroic Yogg, that actually looks quite challenging, as well as Algalon since he's on such a limited timer.

On the up-side, though the difficulty is lacking the instance itself is nicely designed and... dual-specs rock. Oh!, and... and... I like... pie. And Pirates... maybe the next instance will feature Pirates? Cool, ghost Pirates that eat pies and are lead by the the dread Pirate Le Chuck! Monkey Island, ALL HAIL!!

Offline Arkanos

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 09:37:33 PM »
Only if I can be Guybrush.

Offline Mongoose

• Guild Member
  • not-a-noob
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2009, 11:46:12 PM »
Be thankful you've been in Ulduar.  We still can't get a fucking Excal group together for a run.