Author Topic: Joining the Excalibur Guild  (Read 2000 times)

Offline drucilla

• Knight of Spam
    • http://www.excaliburguild.com
Joining the Excalibur Guild
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 08:00:51 PM »
Okay, I'm SO NOT GIVING YOU A BATH!!!

*giggle*

On a more serious note, and normally this would be said in private to the applicant but this has become quite the topic of discussion *heh*, the officers have spoken about your application and we have decided that for this recruiting session (October 15th round) we will have to decline you membership. There are several reasons for this, I'll list them briefly.

Firstly and foremostly, we have far too many applicants this month to be able to take them all (they don't all apply on forums, so you can't see them all), so we have to be selective as we don't like to let too many people in at once or it will dilute the guild and make us lose that family atmosphere. Secondly, there is the issue of mistrust. I'm not saying that you can't be forgiven and move past the ding on your rep for the lame tactic you used to put yourself ahead of others in AV, but I am saying that it puts you far lower on the list when it comes to prioritizing who is getting in this month. Finally, again, with the AV thing, Excalibur is very careful about who we let into our guild.

This doesn't mean you can never get in, it means that you're not getting in any time soon, while this is fresh. If you have a serious desire to join us, I suggest you continue to work to reverse the damage you've done to your rep on the server, post on forums to keep in touch, group with guild members and just wait until public attitude changes as people see that you aren't really a turd. No guarantees about when or if you would get into Excalibur in the future, those are just our suggestions.

On a final note, I'm going to give you a chance to respond here, and then, in the interest of allowing you to move on with your efforts, I'm going to lock this thread because I don't think that it's really neccessary for everyone and their dog to comment on your application.
...I put on my robe and wizard hat...

Offline Ashtar

• noob
    • http://www.calcabrina.com
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 04:21:21 AM »
Well, that's fine. This is where I say something really awesome about you guys and that I' remember when I was level 20, I saw this mighty warrior (I forget his name) killing millions of mulrocs, thrashing them around with his maul. Above his name stood proud "Excalibur." It was that moment, right then, that I knew I must be part of this guild with near superhuman powers.
 And then this is where I say something nice about your website/forums and how the white background goes excellent with the blue/black text and hyperlinks. Did you pick those out? its really fly

And this is where I say later. See you in game? yes.

Offline drucilla

• Knight of Spam
    • http://www.excaliburguild.com
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 06:04:48 AM »
Quote from: "Ashtar"
Well, that's fine. This is where I say something really awesome about you guys and that I' remember when I was level 20, I saw this mighty warrior (I forget his name) killing millions of mulrocs, thrashing them around with his maul. Above his name stood proud "Excalibur." It was that moment, right then, that I knew I must be part of this guild with near superhuman powers.
 And then this is where I say something nice about your website/forums and how the white background goes excellent with the blue/black text and hyperlinks. Did you pick those out? its really fly

And this is where I say later. See you in game? yes.

LOL - at the very least, I love your sense of humour.  :lol:
...I put on my robe and wizard hat...